Friday 13 January 2012

Christmas Foodie Gifts

I love all the foodie gifts I got for Christmas. There were all kinds including these below – gingerbread mix and cutter set, homemade cookie jar mix, a spice recipe book, chocolates, and a chutney and pâté hamper set.

Gingerbread cookie mix

I really liked the lovely oat and raisin cookie mix in a jar which my friend @fashion_bandit made. I like how it's already measured out and layered up beautifully in this jar. It's a really lovely homemade gift.

I first saw this idea from a Twitter find: Scarlet Bakes. Look at how beautifully presented all these jars are on the website. It makes it so easy for someone to bake a fresh batch of goods without having to get larger quantities of each ingredient either.

So I couldn't wait to get baking with these oat and raisin cookies from my friend. So quick and easy – all I needed to do was combine with the wet ingredients, shape and put in the oven and cool! These were so yummy. I wanted to wrap some up and give them to friends but my partner and I ended up eating them all! We haven't quite finished with the festive indulgence :)

Oat and raisin cookies

Follow Friday

So you know that means you have a few more people to follow, right? You know, since it's Friday #FF



Follow Fashion Bandit and be witness to her style diary



Follow Scarlet Bakes for award winning baking mixes

1 comment:

  1. Awwww - and I only just commented on your other post - thank you sweetie, so glad you liked them. Hey, that reminds me I will let you know the rest of the recipe, we tried these with dark chocolate chips and cherries...they were awesomes! Thanks for my Follow Friday xxxx

    ReplyDelete